Setting up a WellBe Smart Speaker for Someone Else
Setting up WellBe Remotely for Someone Else
- Download the WellBe Virtual Assistant App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store onto your smart phone
- Open the WellBe app and tap “Create Account”
- Tap "No" when asked “Did you get an invitation email or text message from HandsFree Health with a six-letter invitation code?”
- Select “I’m setting it up for someone else”
- Enter the following information to create your account: First Name, Last Name, username (create one), password (create one), email, mobile phone number, time zone.
- The username must contain 6 to 18 alpha-numeric characters
- The password must be at least 8 characters and include 3 of the following
- 1 uppercase character
- 1 lowercase character
- 1 number
- 1 special character (# ? ! @ $ % ^ & * -)
- The Household section will autofill based on your last name. You can change this if you would like.
- Tap “Continue”
- Tap “Submit” to move to the next step
- A page will appear that includes an overview of your information. Review this information to make sure that everything is correct. After review, tap “Create Account”
- Tap “Setup Device” at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on “WellBe”
- Confirm that the household name is correct, if so, tap on “Continue”
The Device User will have to perform the following steps:
- Plugin Wellbe Speaker
- Turn the WellBe device on by pressing the power button on the front of the device (towards the top, below the button that looks like a lightning bolt.)
- Wait for Wellbe to give instructions to download app, then hold lightning button (on top of device) for 5 seconds and wait for Activation Code.
**Device User will have to supply the Activation Code to the person setting up the device remotely.**
- Enter Activation Code into WellBe Virtual Assistant App and then tap “Continue”
- Name the WellBe. This can be anything that you want such as the user’s name, initials, etc.
- Add in the user's address and tap “Continue”
- Select the user's home Wi-Fi for the initial setup (it helps to have this information ahead of time) and then tap “Continue”
- Input the password to the Wi-Fi network that was selected in Step 4 and then tap “Continue”
- After a few moments, the device will connect to the Wi-Fi network. Once this occurs, tap “Finish Device Setup” to complete the setup.
- WellBe will restart automatically and greet the user with “Hello” when ready to use.